The majority of our members over the years have joined anti-war and peace movements as well as the Full Circle Project, as we have come to realise that the hollywood version of war that we have been indoctrinated to believe in doesnt actually exist as the nature of real warfare and the after effects that soldiers suffer from mentally, physically and emotionally for years after isnt as glamorous as we were conditioned into believing.
Veterans for Peace in the UK was set up by Ben Griffin in 2011. We are not affliated to this organisation although a lot of our members have joined to support their cause towards which we ourselves fully endorse.
Statement of Purpose
We, having dutifully served our nation, do hereby affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace. To this end we will work, with others:
* Toward increasing public awareness of the costs of war
* To restrain our government from intervening, overtly and covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations
* To end the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate nuclear weapons
* To seek justice for veterans and victims of war
* To abolish war as an instrument of national policy
To achieve these goals, members of Veterans For Peace pledge to use non-violent means and to maintain an organization that is both democratic and open, with the understanding that all members are trusted to act in the best interests of the group for the larger purpose of world peace.